Joining Hoodsport Fire and EMS bring many rewards, the largest of which is being a valued member of a dedicated team protecting our community and helping those in need.
- Full medical and personal property coverage for emergency calls and training
- Life Insurance
- Death and dismemberment insurance
- Free emergency responder training for medical, structure and wildland fire including state and national certifications.
- Access to toolroom and bay for quick vehicle DIY repairs
- Volunteer stipends for training, and emergency response calls
- Pension program for those with more than ten years of service
- Opportunities for paid shift and resident programs
How to apply
Call us at (360) 877-9882 or visit our administrative headquarters at 240 North Standstill S, Hoodsport WA and ask to speak with an officer or email KThomas@hoodsportfire.org
- HIPAA FORM
- ATTEND TWO (2) DRILLS AND (1) RIDE-ALONG: DRILLS ARE OFFERED MOST TUESDAYS AT 1800 HRS (CALENDAR TO BE PROVIDED) RIDE-ALONG MUST BE PRE-APPROVED AND CAN BE DONE ON THE SAME DAY AS A DRILL. RIDE-ALONGS ARE REQUIRED AT MINIMUM TO BE 5 HOURS, AND MUST BE COMPLETED BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:00 AM TO 8:00 PM (PLEASE SEE CONTACT INFORMATION ABOVE)
- COMPLETE IS-100 & IS-700; THESE ARE SHORT ONLINE FEMA CLASSES THAT TAKE 1-2 HOURS EACH.
- COMPLETE AN APPLICATION, DRUG TEST, AND CONSENT TO A BACKGROUND CHECK. MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE.
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA/GED
- THE ENTIRE PROCESS CAN BE AS SHORT AS 2 WEEKS AND YOU'LL IMMEDIATELY BE ASSIGNED A STATION AT HOODSPORT OR LAKE CUSHMAN AND ABLE TO START TRAINING AND RUN EMERGENCY CALLS (WITH SOME RESTRICTIONS).
Not Ready to be a first responder but still want to help?
Consider joining our support group. Whether you bring a special skill (HAM operator, welder, Web developer etc.) or not there’s always something to do around each of our two stations ranging from custodian, grounds keeper and many more. Also feel free to ask and we can connect you with one of our partner organizations such as American Red Cross disaster center volunteer or DEM Citizen Emergency Response Team (CERT).